google-site-verification: googleb42e5230f1097f9a.html A Stepping Stone Towards SEO Success
Search

A Stepping Stone Towards SEO Success



We are definitely spoilt for choice when it comes to social media platforms. If you’ve just started your own business; your business is slightly lagging behind; you want to invest some of your marketing budgets into a social platform, or you simply want to know which platform is good for your business - Instagram is definitely worth a try! You may be wondering how especially since it’s initial purpose was as a photo sharing site for people to interact. But nowadays Instagram can be so much more than this for you as a marketer and for your business and we’re here to tell you how!


Instagram demographics

To set the scene, it’s only right that we give you an insight into the current scope and premise of Instagram - with some demographics that you need to know.

⁃ Instagram has over 1 billion active users and over half of these users are on the platform daily.

⁃ 50.3% of Instagram users are female, whilst the other 49.7% are male

⁃ There are over 45 million Instagram users in the UK

⁃ 71% of Instagram users are under the age of 35

With these statistics, it’s clearly evident the premise that Instagram has. As a marketer if you haven’t already, these statistics should definitely convince you to make use of it.


Instagram usage

On average, Instagram users spend 53 minutes online each day on the site. As a marketer, you need to maximise this to the greatest advantage for your business. One way this can be done is by looking through your brands Instagram analytics. From this, you can also see the days and times of each day that your followers are most active.

⁃ 500 million Instagram accounts use Instagram stories on a daily basis. As fun as these can be, they can also yield great benefits for your business. Including handles and hashtags are some ways that you can increase the visibility of your stories too.

⁃ Instagram users share over 100 million posts per day - a startling figure right? If you want your brand’s posts to garner the attention of others, there are many ways to do so. Posts that include another handle gain 56% more engagement. Maybe there’s a particular brand or ambassador that your company would like to collaborate with, there’s no harm in giving them a little nudge over Instagram. This could be reposting their content or tagging them in one of your posts (not in an excessive or spammy way, may we add).

Secondly, another way for people to find your content on Instagram and share it is through hashtags. Posts that have at least one hashtag gain 12.6% more engagement. If that’s the power of one hashtag, you can imagine how powerful several of them would be.

We really believe that there is no rule of thumb concerning hashtags. We’ve seen individuals use as minimal or as many as possible. But whatever hashtags you use, ensure they relate to your brand and that there are many posts surrounding the hashtag. Always remember to hashtag your brand in posts too! Sounds silly but some businesses fail to do so. Your business hashtag is the one way for instagrammers to see everything about your brand (under one hashtag).


Instagram for business

Now if you’re a brand that isn’t active on Instagram, we hope that these next few stats will change your mind. There are currently more than 25 million business accounts on Instagram - and there’s no reason why yours shouldn’t be on there too! Being on Instagram alone can increase your visibility, as engagement with brands on this platform is (at least) 10x higher than other social platforms. There also many ways to creatively use the platform and it offers up the opportunity for ambassador marketing (as we like to call it).

⁃ 83% of users uncover new products and services on Instagram

⁃ The platform also helps 80% of its users decide whether to buy into a service or product.

⁃ More than one-third of Instagrammers have bought something on the platform using a mobile device.

If as a business you’re trying to improve your reach on Instagram, and are willing to put some money into this, Instagram ads are definitely the way forward. In the same vein, sponsored videos receive 3x more comments than photos that are sponsored. Furthermore, over 2 million advertisers globally use Instagram - so clearly Instagram is doing something right!

These useful stats can be found in an infographic by FameMass and we are sure that they will be useful for all the marketers out there. Go forth and conquer Instagram!

0 views

CONTACT US

Spin Brands Ltd -
26 Market Place,
Fitzrovia
W1W 8AN

Crowdcube's

preferred supplier

Copy of Crowdcube_Logo.png
FMP Badge bluemedium.png
  • Instagram
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Black LinkedIn Icon